Saturday, July 18

I'll Have Some EGGS {shells} with that #MixedMedia ... by Guest Designer Kimberly N.


Greetings! Today we are excited to welcome back our Amazing Guest Creative... Kimberly N. – a mixed-media artist who loves vintage, Steampunkery and all things distressed. Today she has a canvas tutorial to share that is full of texture, dimension and some surprising dimensional accents using Amazing Casting Products and supplies from her scrapbook stash!


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

This is a super fun mixed media project I'm sharing with you today... there is no right or wrong way to do this – just have fun and be creative! 

Supplies:



First I begin by preparing a mold to create some dimensional accents. I mix some Amazing Mold Putty and press a Spellbinder die into mold putty to make a mold {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. From this mold I cast two pieces using Amazing Casting Resin. Please CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation of resin. These diamond pieces will be the feature of my canvas.


Using a 12" x 12" canvas prepared with gesso, I arranged the Amazing Casting Resin embellishments to my liking. I glue down the pieces using Prima Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel.


Now to add some more texture with some recycled crushed egg shells.


I randomly layer eggshells onto canvas.


I prepare a small batch of Amazing Casting Resin and pour over the eggshells. This is a brief video capturing the process. This not only fuses the eggshells in place, but also fills in and flows around the pieces creating some interesting and exciting texture. 


I wait for the Amazing Casting Resin to cure – it takes about ten minutes. Now I can paint this any way I like... with powders, paints, sprays, etc.   

How I painted my canvas: I started with some clear gel medium and carefully tapped it over the top of egg shells. Then I took mica teal powder and blended it into the medium. I continued with rust mica power randomly the same way; then copper medium – randomly layering onto my canvas. After it dried I randomly painted down some clear gel medium and followed over the top with some Alumilite Gold Metallic Powder. I continued the repeating until I got look I wanted.


The texture and dimension of these shimmery jewel tones is gorgeous!


How do you add amazing texture
and dimension to your mixed media?

Please comment below and give our AMAZING Guest Creative Kimberly N. some love. Be sure to stop back for a visit next Friday for more Cre8time inspiration from Kimberly. Please visit "Scraps of Inspired Art" to see more of Kimberly's work or on her blog HERE

 • • • • • • • • • • • • 



Hi my name is Kimberly N. – I am married to my junior high school sweetheart and I have three amazing boys, two beautiful daughters in-laws, one grandson and two granddaughters. I started crafting about 9 years ago... I started out with a Cricut then expanded from there. I enjoy altering the unexpected and I LOVE playing with mixed-media art. My creative style can best be described as being vintage-distress, as I love combining vintage and Steampunk.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...