Wednesday, July 22

From "Meh..." to #Cre8time WOW! Artsy Home Decor REDUX by Aimée Wheaton #MakeThings


I'm a sucker for good deals and I'm an even bigger sucker for things that have birds on them. Well I found this good deal sometime this Spring at Hobby Lobby for $2.99... couldn't pass that up. I loved how it looked like folk art too. I decided to make it pop a bit more using some paint, gel medium, stamps, ink, glitter, pen and of course Amazing Clear Cast Resin!


Here's the original bird :)


I chose lighter aqua, yellow, orange, white
and added pink as an after thought.


I love how it started coming to life already just with acrylic paint.


I LOVE the orange.


Next I decided to stamp the word "peace" because it looked peaceful
and we could use more peace in this world and our homes.


Next I embellished certain areas with gel medium and then...



sprinkled some glitter :)


Getting really pretty!! You can see I added
a hot pink for even more color.


I mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin in a larger batch – I wanted to pour into another mold as well, the same mold I used in my inspiration post last month.


Mix it well and let the bubbles settle a bit.


Originally I was going to do resin to the edges of the piece,
but decided to go to the border of the bird and stay inside.


Letting it dry overnight.

Now check out the finished product!! :)

Well to my dismay the Amazing Clear Cast Resin jumped the border! LOL I will be filling it in to cover the entire surface soon. I didn't have time to fix it before this post. I really like how it made the entire piece just pop! So much prettier to me! Simple project with a lot of pizazz!


I gave her lashes! How could I not?


Shining in the sun.


You can see where the resin migrated here. I'll go back with
another batch of Amazing Clear Cast Resin and fill it all in.


I really like how she turned out! :) What do you think?

To see how all of our AMAZING products can enhance your art,
check out these AMAZING products!

Let's see what you can create with
and blah pieces around the house.


Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me. 
To see more of my work please visit my blog "Creative Flutters"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Great way to turn something bland into a stunning piece! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Great way to turn something bland into a stunning piece! Love it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...