Monday, July 25

#Cre8time Furbaby Keepsakes... Making a Paw Print Rubber Stamp – Part 1 by Tanya Ruffin


In this project I want to make a rubber stamp of my dog's paw print. Yes, I could just ink up my dog's paw and make a paw print and scan it into the computer, but I wanted a little something different.

My Lily had become sick with kidney disease and I knew she wasn't going to be around much longer, sadly. So I made a mold of her paw before I had to go out of town. I am so glad I did because she died while I was in route home... she was only 7. I am brokenhearted, but that is another blog series.


I recommend any pet lover to make a paw mold while your pet is still happy and healthy. It will save you are a lot of heartache later.

Lily modeling for one of my earlier projects! 

This may seem like a lot of steps to get to the end results but you end up with multiple use pieces along the way. So I have made this in a two part series.

Part 1 – The molds

I first made a mold of her paw with Amazing Mold Putty {please CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. I recommend that you write the date, "original" and pet's name on the back of the mold.

Mold #1 – the Original 

Then make a cast using resin. You will use the cast to make the rubber stamp. Make sure it comes out good, the next steps involve this first generation cast.

For the first cast I made – I used Amazing Casting Resin with black dye, and I put fine black glitter in the mold. Since my pup had black paws I thought this was adorable! I always tend to jump the gun and should have waited to make this cast until after I made my cast for the rubber stamp. It really doesn't matter except that my rubber stamp cast now has some black glitter in it.


Then I made the cast for the rubber stamp mold.
This is why you see some remnants of glitter in the cast piece. 


With this cast you will made a second mold with Amazing Mold Putty

With the resin casting made from first mold we are making a second mold – because the following steps are a bit tricky and you could ruin your mold. This way you always have your "original" saved somewhere that you can use to make another cast. 

Mold #2 

This is the mold we will use now. On to Part 2!

I'll be back later today with
another post and part 2.


Go Craft Your Own Way!

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring
creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...