Saturday, December 24

Mixed Media Collage... by Niki Meiners



Title: “Be yourself”
Size: 8x8

Materials:

Creating mixed media has become a form of self-expression for me. This mixed media collage is a reminder to those who read it to always have the courage to “be yourself” I think it is one of the most important character traits a person can have. Remaining true to who I am is one of the most important things to me and I hope to pass that quality on to my children. I want to love them for who they are and I want them to love me for who I am. My daughter is only 17 months old but this piece is going in her room. No, she does not need the reminder yet. But, if I start early enough she may not need it at all.

This piece is created by stenciling my own background paper and using a paper punch to form the circles. Stenciling the girl ad spritzing the paper. I also added some pearl paint to the canvas before I assembled it. Then I die cut black cardstock to give it a little extra dimension. To give the piece added dimension I used a resin flower. The flower in her hair is made from Amazing Casting Resin that was poured into a mold made from Amazing Mold Putty.


~ Niki
See more of my creations at my website http://www.365daysofcrafts.com

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...