Tuesday, December 22

Toasting a #Cre8time New Year... Easy DIY Wine Earrings by Brenda Burfeind


Good day friends! Brenda here with Creativity is a State of Mind and I'm going to show you how to create a festive pair of earrings just in time for the New Year!

As some of you know I work in a wine store and I get asked over and over if we have any jewelry with a Wine motif. My boss just isn't into stuff like that – so I decided I wanted a pair of earrings to wear for New Years Eve and I wanted them to have a wine motif. 
 
So off we go...


I started out by cutting a wine bottle and glass shape {welded with my Cricut} out of some cereal boxes! I love to upcycle. I cut the pieces 14 times because I wasn't sure how thick I wanted the glued together pieces to be.


Here are my Cricut cuts and I used 5 of them to get the desired thickness.


Then I mixed up a batch of the Amazing Mold Putty – you can view mixing preparations HERE. I sprayed some UMR Mold Release onto the mold putty before pressing the chipboard into it because I did not want the chipboard to stick to it.


The mold came out beautifully!


Next I brushed some Lt. Green Alumidust where the bottle would be and left an area open where I think the glasses would be. I then mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin {and you can watch a video tutorial HERE} because I wanted the "glasses" to be see through.


So far so good... I then took a silver paint pen and highlighted around the bottle, put a stopper on the top and edged around the wine glass area.


I added some seed beads with E6000® and used
a red paint pen to add some color to the bottle.


Attached some jewelry findings with E6000® 
and I am ready for New Years Eve!


I absolutely love my new earrings created just in time for the holiday!

If you could mold a holiday
project, what would it be?

Thanks for stopping by and as always, I love comments. Please let me know what you think of my wine jewerly. Thanks again and until next time... Have a great holiday season! ~ Brenda

Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh - these are SOOOO cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christi. It was very fun to make!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...