Wednesday, December 2

Spicing up a Cinnamon Broom by Tanya Ruffin #12DaysofHomeDecor


Fall has fallen and this is the season of dressing and turkey.
It is also the season for the scent of pumpkin and cinnamon!



The Trader Joe's near my house has Cinnamon Brooms for under $5.00, so I thought I would spice it up a bit since they are rather plain.



First thing I did was make a mold with Amazing Mold Putty of an acorn on a branch. I have had this darn acorn for a few weeks now waiting to be inspired.



I had a purchased cameo frame mold, so I made a cast in Amazing Casting Resin (mixed with black dye). I also made a mold with Amazing Mold Putty of the back side of a cameo. My goal was to just have a clean blank background for the cameo frame.



Using Alumidust bronze and copper and a paintbrush, I dusted the inside of the acorn mold. I used bronze for the branch and the cap of the acorn and copper for the body.



With Aleene's Tacky Glue, I glued the background cameo shape to the frame and then the acorn into place. I also glued a giant jump ring to the back of the frame.



With ribbon I had on hand, I tied the acorn cameo to the cinnamon broom.



Now in a week or so my cameo will smell like cinnamon too – and I can wear it the Barnes and Noble cookbook section and freak out people! Hey, whatever makes me happy, right?!

How will you spice up your
seasonal home decor?

Craft Your Own Way!

~ Tanya



Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...