Friday, February 20

Katie Smith... an Amazing Featured Artist Spotlight

  

Greetings AMAZING Crafters! Today we have a fun questionnaire that we posed to our Featured Artist Katie Smith! Have fun getting to know her a little better and enjoy the eye candy, too! :) Sb

A little bit about Katie...


Katie is a 22 year old artist currently living in Dallas/Fort Worth. She does a little bit of everything crafty – scrapbooking, card making, drawing, mixed media and art journaling, sewing, quilting, basket making, general DIY’s and painting canvas shoes that she sells in her etsy shop! She also is the indie crafts columnist for CraftGossip.com where she has a review of the new Amazing Remelt {CLICK HERE to jump over and check it out}.


Katie is also a published artist in multiple magazines including Creating Keepsakes, Stitch Craft Create as well as a few craft books. You can see more of Katie's art on her blog: www.punkprojects.com.

  

Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...

• • • • •

What did you want to be when you grew up?
"An artist! I never really had any big plans, I just wanted to make art. Now I have my own blog, design for multiple companies, been published, and have my own etsy shop! It's a great life! Although at one point I did consider both a scuba diver and a flight attendant. ;)"

Coke or Pepsi???

"Well, I don't actually drink cokes, I'm a tea drinker!
But, I'm from Texas, so I call them all *Cokes*."


What inspires you?
"Colors are my main inspiration, as well as pinterest, books, other artists and nature. I could stare up at the stars all the time and be inspired."

What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?


Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska — The Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights, shines above Bear Lake.
Photo from Wikipedia HERE - a United States Air Force photo by Senior Airman Joshua Strang.
"Visit Alaska! This is something I've wanted to do since I was a kid and hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later. I also want to see the Northern Lights."

If you could print any phrase
on a T-shirt, what would it say?
"Wow, so many options! You don't actually want me to choose, do you??  I'm a total nerd though, so it would probably be a reference to Star Trek or some other geeky thing. Although I don't have any "crafting" themed shirts so I guess I could do an art themed shirt."

If you could mold ANYTHING with
Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?

"As I mentioned before, I'm a tea drinker!
It might be neat to make little tea cups!"


What style of music gets your creative juices going?
"My music tastes are a bit all over the place. My *favorite* music to listen to while I create would have to be film scores, like the sound tracks for epic movies like Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, etc. However I also love 60's, 80's, Classical, Techno, Musicals, etc. Like I said, I like a bit of everything, except maybe country."




• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Thanks so much for dropping by! Check back next Friday for more from our Featured Artist Katie Smith... you don't want to miss it! CLICK HERE to visit her blog punkprojects.com and see more of her fabulous work. Don't forget to drop CraftGossip.com and check out her Indie Crafts column.

Have a fabulous day! :) Sb

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...