Wednesday, February 18

Keeping Vacation ALIVE by Inspiring #Cre8time... by Aimée Wheaton

I just got back from a trip of a lifetime with my family and I am back to the mundane daily routine and wanted something to remind me of what we just did. We went on a 7 day Western Caribbean Disney cruise with our girls as well as my siblings and their families. It was a trip that was planned shortly after losing our Dad last summer very suddenly. We made new memories, saw new places and met new friends. I have to say I'm sad it's over but looking forward to planning another one in the future. :)


Right before our adventure and boarding the Magic.

To keep it fresh in our memories I decided to create a photo frame to change out our vacation photos throughout the year. Before we left I had made some Mickey head molds using Amazing Mold Putty to create gifts to pass out to new friends, little did I know that I wouldn't have time to do that before we left so it was a waste of time and product, or was it, it inspired me to create something just for us!


This is a cheap wooden frame from Michael's that I paid $1 for. I collaged on some gelli print papers I created, added some paint and then of course our Amazing Clear Cast Resin that I put some glitter into. I wanted to use the Amazing Clear Cast because it reminded me of how clear the blue water of the Caribbean was. I used a masking fluid to write out our ports of call on each side. I really like how it turned out. Excuse the black and white photo but our images haven't been printed yet as we just got home 2 days ago, this will really pop with a color photo but also works well like this.


The little sand dollars which were perfect for embellishment of this frame.


This is also the same heart mold I used last month {CLICK HERE to view post}. I love that you can use and reuse the molds you have made to create something totally different. So until I can go cruising again staring at this will have to suffice! Hope this inspired you!

Let's see what you can create

Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me. 
To see more of my work please visit my blog "Creative Flutters"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...