Friday, February 3

Ready, Set, Spring


I have been so spoiled this winter...as I'm writing this post the sun is shining and it's been in the 60's this week. I know there is probably some wintery weather still heading my way, but I'm happy for all of the pretty days! What better time than now to share a Spring layout with you! I used so many fun techniques on this piece to really build some interesting layers.

Do you love this little embellishment? I had a vintage celluloid charm that's been in my jewelry drawer for ever. I used Amazing Mold Putty to make a mold of it - and it was time to cast away! I poured it up using the Amazing Clear Cast and after it set, I painted it with Creative Inspirations Paint (beige). Now I can make these little trinkets over and over again.

This Dusty Attic Chipboard chair was covered heavily with Wow! Embossing Powders Ultra High Copper. The Ultra-high powders create a ton of texture. Next, I used the Wow! Brocade stamp set to stamp over the copper and embossed in the Suzy West Presidio Purple and Tea Garden Green. I love how you can see the hint of pattern, like worn antique upholstery would look.

I used my Cricut to cut the paper doily and random stamped over the cut, again using the Brocade stamp. The Presidio Purple was used over the green designer paper to create a custom patterned paper. I also added some of the Copper powder around the edges of the layout.

Spring makes you take notice of all of the little things around you, and I hope that I have inspired you to add these extra touches to your layouts.

4 comments:

  1. this is absolutely gorgeous. that chair is beautiful and so is that layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that truly does make you think of Spring! We've been fortunate here also on the weather and have been trying to catch up on rain for the last few days. My daffodils are already out of the ground and around four inches tall.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME LAYOUT... love your little chair embellishment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...