Tuesday, April 30

Vintage Bookmark – Combining Textiles and Jeweled Treasures...



Hello Everyone! This is Isie and I'm really excited to show you how to make a fabric bookmark with beautiful resin embellishments using Amazing Crafting Products.


One of the things I enjoy the most about creating new things is that I get to rummage around my own storage boxes and give old things a whole new life. I knew I wanted my finished bookmark to have an aged look, so I started with some vintage jewelry pieces that I had stashed away.

   

I created molds of each piece using Amazing Mold Putty and then painted the details with Alumilite Metallic Powders using a small soft bristled brush. For these two pieces, I used Bronze, Gold and Copper. For detailed instructions on mixing Amazing Mold Putty, please CLICK HERE.


Once I finished painting, I filled the molds with Amazing Clear Cast Resin and let them dry overnight. The finished pieces looked great! The metallic powder completely bonded with the resin, so it left a clean mold that I can use for other projects with no worries about residue.


For the bookmark I used a Bronze and Aqua fabric, sewing it on three sides and leaving the top open so that it can also serve as a case to store your reading glasses. The center detail was attached to the fabric using a two part epoxy adhesive. For the small embellishment, I drilled small holes at the top and bottom of the piece and used gold tone jump rings to secure it to the bookmark. The final touch is a tassel made with Gold and Aqua yarn.

Enjoy your next book knowing you'll never lose your place or your glasses. This finished bookmark also makes a great gift for your favorite reader. Thanks for visiting! Isabel Villarreal

.................................
__________________________________________
.................................

Want to SOCIALize? Please follow Amazing Crafting Products on Twitter at @AmazingCrafting and on Pinterest HERE -or- join us on our Facebook page.

6 comments:

  1. Love this! Exactly what I want to do.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff looks amazing!!! I really need some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It's a fun, fast and easy way to turn old jewelry-or anything- into a beautiful bookmark. Your own imagination and creativity make the possibilities limitless! Have fun experimenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I loved what you said, "One of the things I enjoy the most about creating new things is that I get to rummage around my own storage boxes and give old things a whole new life." How fantastic! I love this idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...