Friday, April 19

AMAZING Inspiration from DeeDee Catron...

Hello everyone!! DeeDee here today, back in a familiar place and super stoked to share my molded goodies with you again ;) --- ok ok not THOSE goodies, besides.. they're all real! But my molded ITEMS :D

One of my favorite things is finding vintage figurines and replicas to mold and cast for use during my crafting. To date my favorite FOUND object to mold has been a super old nautical themed frame. It came complete with pier pieces, two pelicans, a net, shells, an anchor and more! You bet your sweet self I molded each piece separately and again in combinations with each other. Now when I'm working on a nautical themed piece I always get out my molds to see if I can work them in! Here are THREE different projects I've used my lovely pelicans on!

(All three were molded with Amazing Mold Putty and cast in Amazing Casting Resin which dries white!)

The first is a WOODEN SPOON that I altered for the lovely Susan M. Brown - she held a spoon altering blog hop and it was SO FUN.


The shells on this are actual shells from the beach, accompanied by May Arts ribbon, cheese cloth, and some Tattered Angels glimmer glaze.

The 2nd project is a LAYOUT that was featured in the SPRING 2013 issue of Somerset Memories! Here's a corner shot of the resin piece :)


Along with the resin bits I've used half pearls, cheese cloth, Tattered Angels glimmer glaze, MME paper, and Viva Las VegaStamps! images.

And finally here is an altered tray:


This tray was featured on the CropChocolate blog last month, and is currently featured for the "April Showers" at Anything But A Card Challenge this week! It has Teresa Collins papers, tape and enamel dots, Thickers, Viva Las VegaStamps! stamps, cheese cloth, ranger ink and more.

What are some of your favorite vintage finds to mold?? How many times have you used them? Over and Over?! that's ME! :) :)

Visit me at my blog for more molding goodness, details on some of these pieces, and some fabulous inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...