Friday, April 12

AMAZING Inspiration from Rachel Whetzel


I love using vintage items in a new way. LOVE it! When I created my art doll, Skell E. Tonne, I made molds of the watch parts and vintage key you see here.


I used them to embellish Skell's hat band. Watch parts and gears are super popular right now, and I love them. Rather than purchasing the same gears that everyone else has by purchasing from a manufacturer, I created my own gears molding actual parts from old watches, and casting them in resin. Because they are so small, some of the details like the tines and teeth are hard to capture in a mold. In order to keep those features of the pieces I molded, I used small files to clean up edges and return details.

What ideas have you come up with to use every day items in new ways?
Share your projects in the comments below!

If you create something inspired by my project, please leave a comment with a link here, so I can come and visit to see! I would love for you to visit me at my "house" too!! Thank you so much for reading!! ~ rachel

***********

Want to SOCIALize? Please follow Amazing Crafting Products on Twitter at @AmazingCrafting and on Pinterest HERE -or- join us on our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...