Sunday, April 21

AMAZING Inspiration from Sandra Strait...

I’m so excited to be a guest designer for the Amazing Crafting Products Creative Team! I was asked to do an inspiration post, so I’m going to try and make you as excited about these products as I am.

For my sister-in-law’s birthday, I wanted to give her something practical that was still a work of art. I happened on a spiral-bound notebook of window envelopes. Merri’s always looking for things to put her papers in, so I knew this was perfect for my project.

A magazine page from an old quilting magazine, a layer of Amate woven bark paper, and oh, so many objects-watch parts, screws, shower rings, beaded bracelets, plastic packaging – all molded in Amazing Mold Putty and created with Creative Paperclay®. Twine, fiber paste and drywall tape were added for contrast and this functional book of envelopes looks like a treasure trove washed up on a sandy beach. Now I just have to decorate each envelope with tangle patterns, and she’ll have artful inspiration for every day.


Now the great thing is that I can easily recreate this cover and make similar gifts for other people! I like that. Inspiration gets stretched around Christmas time and I love ideas I can retread.

My tip for today: If you are looking for something to mold (and once you start, you’ll keep looking!), consider breaking something you don’t need. Seriously. I don’t recommend breaking glass or items that splinter, but pop open those old watches, break off a piece of coconut shell, tear up that old crafting project and mold those rolled paper roses you made long ago. Look beneath the surface and you’ll find textures, and objects that you never dreamed were there.

For more of my work in Amazing Mold Putty, zentangle-inspired art, and daily links to tangles, tutorials, and giveaways please visit my "Life Imitates Doodles" blog.   ~ Sandra Strait
.................................
__________________________________________
.................................

Want to SOCIALize? Please follow Amazing Crafting Products on Twitter at @AmazingCrafting and on Pinterest HERE -or- join us on our Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...