- Amazing Mold Putty
- Amazing Clear Cast Resin
- Amazing Casting Resin
- Alumilite Metallic Copper Powder
- Alumilite Metallic Silver Powder
- Mixing Cup (a few are included with the clear cast and casting resins)
- Mixing Stick (a few are included with the clear cast and casting resins)
- Rubber to Rubber Mold Release
- Plain Metal Packaging Container w/ lid.
- 100lb Letterhead paper
- Wax Paper
- Accent Medallions – Lock, Key and Compass
- Spray Adhesive
- Xacto Knife
- Create Primary Object - Decorations
- Prepare the Part for Clear Coating
- Make the Putty Ring
- Clear Coating and Lid Fill
- Mold extra parts
- Prepare inside for clear casting
- Clear Cast fill
This kind of project is not really my style, but I was asked by a VIP to assist so I couldn’t say no to a challenge. I’ve also wanted to use Amazing Clear Cast Resin as a hard coating and this was a good project to experiment. The VIP had a two-sided metal compass and key medallion to start with. The compass came with a journey poem. Perfect for a nautical theme!
Fill the Back of the lid. Let Cure 24+ hours.
Be careful not to overfill or the lid will not fit on the container.
Fill the front of the lid. Let Cure 24+ hours.
Glue the accent parts inside on bottom of the container.
Mix Amazing Clear Cast Resin and fill the bottom just enough to cover all the parts.