Once I finished removing the frame I was so upset – see in my mind I saw the image of the frame I wanted; and now after all the work and time I spent – what I had in front of me was nothing like what I imagined. All I could say was Craft Fail!!!!
I was about to just cut it all up and use it as filler, but I just couldn't after all the time spent, the product used – so I had to find a way to make it work. I just took out my craft knife and began carving off what would be the back of the frame, I guess you can say I carved about 1/2 of the frame. Once I got to the top layer (front) of the frame, I began to see the pretty button designs and suddenly as I carved out all these pretty areas, I noticed that the areas I had removed were adding texture to the frame... suddenly I began to see that what I thought was a Craft Fail – was no longer that!!! It was a new idea, a new project!
Unfortunately in my despair I didn't take photos of how the mold looked before all the carving started, I was so upset that all I wanted was to salvage my mold and not once did it cross my mind to take photos. My apologies – that's what happens when you are so into your project (at least that's what happens to me). Now keep in mind this Amazing Mold Rubber will go into every little open area, so if you are going to mold a dimensional object, you need to make sure to fill in any open areas you don't need with hot glue. I did this to the top layers of buttons, but ran out of hot glue and I think that's the reason the bottom of the frame didn't come out right, the rubber got in between all the buttons and when I removed the buttons, it removed the rubber too.