Thursday, January 23

Bright Sunshine and AMAZING Heartfelt Inspiration from Brenda Burfeind

Good Day! Brenda here once again to hopefully inspire you with some Heartfelt Creations. I don't know how many times I've said it, but I truly LOVE the Amazing Crafting Products we get to play with here. I've been so lucky to have gotten to be a part of such a great team leader and fellow designers. Daily I become more inspired and cannot wait to see what's next. 

So with that I've been thinking quite a bit about Valentine's Day. I love decorating and celebrating that day. This year I decided on creating a suncatcher and a magnet to symbolize that day.

I started out with some Amazing Clear Cast Resin and both Alumilite Fluorescent "Flo" Red Dye and Alumilite Black Dye. Once I poured my mold I let it set up a little bit. Using a wooden skewer I dipped it into the red dye and gently dragged it through the resin in the mold. I did this a few times. Cleaning the skewer each time I dipped it back into the dye. I repeated the process with the black dye dragging it through the red and let it cure for 24 hours.


I love how some of the areas became almost feathery looking. Once it set up, I added a bit more of the  Amazing Clear Cast Resin the front of the "suncatcher" and let that dry. I added a ribbon and there it is...


For my second project I started with the Amazing Casting Resin,
which doesn't take but 5 to 10 minutes to set up. 


I painted it red right away. I've found if you paint your molded piece immediately, it takes the paint better. I just used regular red acrylic paint. 


Once the paint was completely dry I used my StazOn Jet Black ink pad
and inked up one of my favorite stamps and stamped the image directly onto the heart. 


Because I used StazOn I was able to add some Amazing Clear Cast Resin
to the top immediately to make it all nice and shiny. 


I added a magnet to the back and now I will always have
a beautiful remembrance of when Valentine's day is.


What kind of handmade crafts
are you making for Valentine's Day?

I hope I've inspired you to use some of these wonderful products and create your own suncatcher or magnet, or both. If you have any questions please leave a comment below and I will get them answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out all the designer's here and sign up to get email alerts... that's how you will always know what we're up to. To see more of my creations – I would love it if you came over to my blog Creativity is a State of Mind. ~ Brenda


• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

3 comments:

  1. I don't know which effect I like better, the swirls or the stamped. Both are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red stamped heart is so pretty! Definitely another project I'll have to try myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I just love the endless possibilities of all our Amazing Products.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...