Friday, January 3

Heart's Afire with DIY Vintage Drawer Pulls... AMAZING Inspiration by Isabel Villarreal

Hi there everyone! It's a new year and a new chance to work on those projects around the house that you just never seem to have time to accomplish. In order to get myself motivated to work on my bigger DIY tasks, I decided to start with something small, quick and easy like fixing my broken vintage drawer pulls. 

  

I just recently moved into a new place and the kitchen drawers and cabinets came with these adorable painted ceramic vintage pulls, but there were two that were missing. Now, I really love these, and didn't want to replace them. With Amazing Mold Putty, I didn't have to consider finding new ones- instead I created a mold of one of the originals.


Using Amazing Clear Cast Resin to give me a nice smooth finish and Alumilite White and Yellow Dyes, I was able to recreate the same ceramic look and feel. Once my castings were dry, I used Sharpies to decorate the cabochons and gave them another thin coat of Clear Cast to seal them. A small drop of super glue in the center of each bezel secured the new cabochons. Now all of my cabinets and drawers look great. Absolutely the easiest DIY project on my list!

What are some of the DIY projects
you'll be working on this season?

I'd love to see what you create! Please upload and share your creations to the
user GALLERY on the Amazing Mold Putty Website for all the world to see.

.................................

Don't miss a single post!
Please subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...