Thursday, January 9

My Anchor - 12x12 Layout by DeeDee Catron

Hiii ACP Fans!! How are you today?? 

DeeDee here bringing you a bit of inspiration on using our favorite molding and casting supplies. If you've been following the ACP blog long, you'll know that I adore layouts, cards and tags, and my favorite embellishments tend to be vintage found bits. Well today I'm using a super vintage styled anchor from my stash o' goodness.


Anytime I'm in the thrift store, or at a garage sale or even just walking down the street and see something (old jewelry, buttons, frames) for a $1, 25 cents or for FREE if it's on the street, I pick it up! If I really love it, I clean it up a bit and mold it with my Amazing Mold Putty, like this anchor! The original is always great to use in projects, but when I'm just head over heels for something and will want to use it a million times, I can thanks to Amazing Mold Putty. It's just a quick equal part mixture worked together in your hands. Cover your piece in it and allow it to cure. Then it's ready to be cast in any material you want; sculpy, paper clay, wax, soap ... or ... like in this piece the Amazing Casting Resin.


Amazing Casting Resin cures in under 10 minutes (closer to 5) and cures a super brilliant stark white color. Which  makes it great for alteration, either afterwards with paints and inks, or during cure time with dyes and powders. I achieved the finish on my anchor simply by mixing equal parts of the Amazing Casting Resin with a little drop of African American Alumilite Dye. Before I poured the resin into my mold, I dusted the mold with a little bit of Silver Alumilite Metallic Powder. By dusting the mold instead of mixing the powder into the resin I got a more old/rustic feel.

Other Products:

  • Viva Las VegaStamps! Rubber Stamps (Directional Circle, Whimsical Cloud)
  • UmWowStudio (Star Confetti, Chevron Confetti)
  • Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Charcoal)
  • Glitz Design paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Black)
  • Prima Bark Stars
  • Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
  • black pen, spray adhesive, adhesive, thread

Have you found any junk objects that
would look great on a layout?

Join me on my own blog to read more 
about the process of the entire layout! - DeeDee

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •


Don't forget!!! The annual Winter CHA starts in 2 days {January 11th}... which will be the official introduction of our newest addition, Amazing Mold Rubber. Several of our Creative Team will be on-site demonstrating throughout the convention – stay tuned for some sneak peeks. If you or your LSS are attending... please come and drop by the Amazing Crafting Products / Alumilite Corp. Booth #408.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

  1. great layout - I too love making embellishments to be used as needed in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...