Wednesday, May 22

Creating a Family Keepsake... AMAZING Inspiration from Featured Artist Jennifer Ingle


Greetings Amazing Mold Putty fans! This is Jennifer Ingle from Just Jingle to share some creative inspiration with you today. Did you know you can make family keepsakes using Amazing Crafting Products? Gather up some old photos and some found treasures – lace, postcards, jewelry – any gem found hidden in the drawer or attic! I created this special keepsake with a coordinating card that was published in the May/June 2012 issue of Paper Crafts Magazine. This keepsake collage is encased in Amazing Clear Cast Resin to hold everything in it's place and protect it from the elements. 


Supplies: Amazing Clear Cast Resin; misc scrapbooking supplies and ephemera; buttons; children's book page; vintage lace and embroidered doilie; and a rustic frame.


I created this collage and mounted it in the frame. This is a layering process – to start, I brushed on a thin layer of Amazing Clear Cast Resin to prevent bubbling, and then several hours later, when it was about half set (following the directions for adding layers in the instructions), I added another layer.


In total there are 3 layers of clear cast. If I do this again, I might spray the papers with a clear coat first, to protect them from resin soaking through - but it did turn out quite pretty this way.

Keepsake Gift with Coordinating Card...


I created a coordinating card to accompany this keepsake using the same papers, buttons and lace as the framed collage. This handmade gift is one that I know will be cherished for years to come!

With Father's Day just around the corner...
this is a perfect project to make for Dear ol' Dad.

Thank you so much for joining me today!
To see more of my work, feel free to visit my blog, Just Jingle

Have a Happy! 


...............................................................

Thanks so much for dropping by. Special thanks to our Featured Artist Jennifer Ingle for sharing her AMAZING work with us this month!  :) Sb

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...