Friday, May 9

Introducing our AMAZING Featured Artist for May... Cat Kerr



Happy Friday! Today we continue our "Featured Artist" series here at the Amazing Crafting Products blog. Each month we feature one artist who will share a special project and some inspiration using Amazing Crafting Products. Please CLICK HERE to jump to post for more info on project in photo collage above.


Our featured artist this month is a new friend to us, though a longtime user of Amazing Crafting Products... we are so excited this creative "wild child" is joining us this month! We are proud to have Cat Kerr join us as our Featured Artist for May. We are excited to welcome Cat and to take a peek into whimsical and inspirational world as she plays with Amazing Crafting Products.

A little bit about Cat...


Cat Kerr is a mixed media artist/instructor that lives in Central Florida with her husband and two children. Her work has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, Belle Armoire Jewelry, Cloth Paper Scissors, and many more. She currently teaches on-line and at national retreats around the country. To inquire about her workshops and teaching schedule, please visit her website at http://www.catkerr.com.


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

"Begin"

In 2007, I stumbled across a poem that I read the year before,"The Journey" by Mary Oliver. One night, in the light of the moon, I read it again, ...but this time something clicked. The first line in the poem read, "One day you finally knew what you had to do and began" and for the first time in my life I could make out what my heart had been whispering for so very long. "Begin". In this moment of clarity, the once quiet whisper now thundered loudly deep inside me. Begin what, you ask? Well, it was a dream I carried, a need, a wanting... to create art and set a path for myself. With the support of my husband and family I mustered up the courage and listed my first item up for sale on Ebay. Months later (yes, it took some time) I sold my first piece... but it was never about the money, it was about the connection that someone had with something I made. It was the validation, that I was exactly where I was supposed to be, and now I just needed to keep going. ~ Cat

"The Journey"

One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
kept shouting
their bad advice --
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
"Mend my life!"
each voice cried.
But you didn't stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
was terrible.
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do --
determined to save
the only life you could save.”


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Thanks so much for dropping by! Check back next Friday for more from our Featured Artist Cat Kerr... you don't want to miss it! CLICK HERE to head on over to Cat's site "Cat Kerr Mixed Mediaand see more of her fabulous work.

Have a fabulous day! :) Sb

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring Cat Kerr and her artful journey. I adore learning more about artists I admire. Fabulous poem by Mary Oliver. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...