Tuesday, May 27

If You Give an Artist Some Sunshine...
AMAZING Inspiration with Rachel Whetzel

Hello, Creatives!! Rachel Whetzel, here, with a little vintage patriotic fun! I'm sure I'm not the only artist whose inspiration sometimes comes in an A.D.D. kind of mind stream. The kind that resembles the book If You Give a Moose a Muffin. For me it goes like this: The sun starts to come out, the fire pits gets it's first fire of the season, and I start thinking about Summer. Thinking about Summer makes me start to think about BBQ's. Thinking about BBQ's gets me thinking about my garden. Thinking about my garden gets me thinking about fresh fruit. Thinking about fresh fruit makes me start planning which one's I'll pick, like blueberries and strawberries. I like to dip them in whipped cream. Thinking about eating strawberries and blueberries dipped in whipped cream gets me all red white and blue, which reminds me of the 4th of July. Thinking about the 4th of July reminds me of BBQ's, and I decide I might make invitations to a BBQ on the 4th this year... and so I begin. 

I have a vintage pin that says U.S. on it,
and that's where I jumped off for this project. 


After molding the pin, I used Amazing Casting Resin with Bronze and Gold Metallic Powders to create the metal finish of the pin! I also had some vintage red white and blue crepe paper streamer that I used to back the pin.


Here's the finished invitation!! I really love the way these turned out, and how simple and easy it was to create them! I think I might use these pieces to create some patriotic banners too! I especially love that my "I-only-have-one" piece has now turned into an "I-have-as-many-as-I-want!" piece, thanks to Amazing Crafting Products


Now tell the truth... Am I the only
person whose muse takes them 
on this twisted path to creation!? 

Thank you for reading! Want to see more of what I'm up to?
Visit me on PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM, or like MY PAGE on Facebook!
Thanks for stopping by! ~ rachel

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for a neat idea to use up some of my old military decorations. Great invitation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...