Happy Friday – Michelle here with my first official post! I am so honored and excited to be a part of the new Amazing Crafting Products Creative Team. I have so many ideas and I can’t wait to get started. For today's project, I am sharing how to make this beautiful Gumpaste Water Lily.
Simi Cakes and Confections.
Using Amazing Mold Putty, I have created a two-part mold for the sphere, and a mold with two petals, a disc and two stamens.
1. Press gumpaste into the petal forms on the Water Lily mold. You will need 15 petals-3 rows of 5, 20 stamens, 1 sphere and 1 disc.
2. To curve the petals remove them from the mold and place them in a curved apple crate.
3. Wrap the stamens and bend around the sphere center facing upwards. Cover the center sphere completely in stamens (approx 20).
4. To assemble the first row of petals glue the petals using royal icing. Place the petal under the support disc and hold to secure. It will only take a few seconds to dry. Repeat with 4 more petals.
5. For the second row cut 3/4" off of the bottom of 5 more petals (otherwise they will be to long).
6. Attach the second row just like the first, but at intervals in between the first row's petals. This row will attach to the side of the disc.
7. Attach the center of the water lily to the middle of the disc before attaching the third row.
8. Repeat the process of cutting and attaching 5 petals for the third row. Attach the third row to the top of the disk. Paint with an airbrush or petal/ luster dusts.